An opportunity has arisen for a PD&I manager based in Koog aan de Zaan, the Netherlands. In this role you are responsible for the technical support of the product lines of Olam Cocoa, commercial customer contacts in the EMEA markets, executing product development projects and to maintain and develop specific expertise in the scope of cocoa- and chocolate products.
The main duties of this role will include:
• Maintains contact with the current and potential customers by visiting customers at home and abroad;
• Responsible for effective technical support for all product lines of Olam Cocoa in the area where PD&I Koog operates (EMEA region);
• Works closely with R&D at the launch of new products for the development of USP’s and positioning the product within the Olam product range;
• Consults with the sales departments at various locations of Olam Cocoa on how to approach (potential) customers for existing and new products;
• Maintains knowledge of Olam Cocoa products up to date and keeps contact with sister companies for this;
• Answers customers questions (oral/ written) about products, systems, organization, processing etc., and provides information to customers reactive or proactive;
• Collects data on customers in the form of visit-/call reports and registers these;
• Collects particularly technical information about competitors and competitors-products and keeps it accessible for the rest of the organization;
• Maintains knowledge of specific assigned application expertise (center of excellence) up to date by following courses, having contacts with specific institutes and by visiting exhibitions;
• Continuously works on developing new applications for Olam’s cocoa products and translates these into specific application instructions for the employees;
• Provides internal and external lectures at symposia and workshops, writes articles for the press and technical documentation to support the product lines of Olam cocoa’s products and their application;
• Works effectively and independently on product development projects as a team member or team leader;
• Assist product line management with performing their tasks;
• Keeps track of market trends and translates them into opportunities for product development.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Has a Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferable in food;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Food industry (production, technical, sales services, R&D);
• Is fluent in business English, (both written and spoken);
• Interpersonal skills and strong commercial focus;
• Has a good overview, ability to adapt and flexible in dealing with daily challenges;
• Is innovative and creative;
• Travel: 20 - 30% (When conditions allow).
Are you the Product Development & Innovation Manager we are looking for?
If you are interested in this role and connect to the aforementioned profile, we will be pleased to see your application and CV via the application form. For more information about the vacancy you can contact us via + 3188-5678 323.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You agree with the storage of your provided data in a database. This information will be handled quickly and confidentially. Your information will not be provided to third parties. On the basis of this information we can check to what extent these match vacancies.
By letting the application go, that your data is stored in a database.
We will only use the data for the reference named purposes. You can withdraw the permissions at any time by contacting us.