An opportunity has arisen for a Chef Europe Spices based in Koog aan de Zaan, the Netherlands. Reporting to the Spices VP for Strategic Growth Initiatives, the Europe Spices Chef will help grow the Europe Spices business by creating new interpretations of Indian and global cuisine spice blends that are successful with different European consumer markets and engaging with Spices customers to demonstrate these blends in applications and recipes. The chef is expected to leverage his/her knowledge of European flavor trends to strengthen Olam’s spice blends value proposition to customers and help build the future product pipeline for the market. The Chef Europe Spices also has a dotted line report to the Europe Head of Product Development and Innovation team for all technical and resources support.
- Support the Strategic Business Development Manager for Blends EMEA, Innovation & Quality (IQ) and external partners to develop innovative blends that incorporate Olam Spices ingredients with a specific initial focus on Indian flavors.
- Develop and document recipes using the Indian spice blends that will interest target customers in Retail and Foodservice.
- Prepare recipes, food style, and photography to use as content that engages customers.
- Propose white-paper concepts of how our products would fit into customers’ portfolios.
- Meet with customers, both direct and indirect, and represent Olam in tradeshows to demonstrate best blends applications, and communicate which blends are most suitable for each specific application and why. Problem solve with customers and end users to develop the right blend for their applications using Olam Spices ingredients.
- The Europe Spices Chef’s role involves 25-30% of time dedication to visits to customers and presence in tradeshows in the region, when health circumstances allow.
- Create connections with target customers Culinary and R&D teams to contribute closely with partners to create new sales opportunities
- Evaluate external culinary consultants and leverage their talents as appropriate, either as specialists or to expand capacity of internal culinary team.
- Evaluate and leverage external culinary facilities beyond currently used.
- Recruit, onboard and develop talents of full-time chefs when the business dictates.
- Responsible for staying current with food trends and innovations. Communicate trends to customers, the global culinary team, Sales, IQ, Product Line managers, and management.
- Work with the regional and global Olam Spices team, its customers, and prospects, to develop an engaging value proposition for chefs and product developers to start using Indian blends developed by Olam Spices.
- Develop relationships with culinary schools and professional chef organizations through which Olam’s Blends and Olam Spices ingredients can be promoted.
- Attend tradeshows, host online virtual events and in-person demonstrations, when health circumstances permit, to demonstrate Olam’s Indian blends and recipes. Online format can include e-culinary campaigns, one-on-one video meetings and application cuttings, and large group e-culinary demos.
- Write external-facing newsletter(s) or blog(s) to explain Indian flavors cooking trends and how customers can leverage them to create compelling applications and menu items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates’ or Bachelors Degree in Culinary Arts is required.
- Ten (10) years relevant chef experience in savory food is required.
- Five (5) years’ experience working with pan-European cuisines is required. May be within the ten years of savory food requirement if appropriate.
- Work experience with corporate culinary teams in CPGs, Foodservice and other industrial segments are a strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Indian spices, history, applications, and flavors is required.
- Candidate should also be a strong generalist having knowledge over a broad range of global cuisines, specifically European cuisines.
- Candidate should be pro-active and curious. Propose new applications, tweaks to existing recipes.
- Strong team player is required. Should be able to successfully work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Communication should be both engaging and compelling.
- Ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit with an ability and desire to lead a new stream within an organization including embedding new processes and ways of working.
- Fluent English is required. Other languages like German, French, Dutch or Spanish are an advantage.
Are you the Chef Europe Spices we are looking for?
If you are interested in this role and connect to the aforementioned profile, we will be pleased to see your application and CV via the application form. For more information about the vacancy you can contact us via
+ 3188-5678 323.