R&D Process Technologist
Koog aan de Zaan, Olam Cocoa BV, The Netherlands
A fulltime opportunity has arisen for an R&D (Research and Development) Process Technologist at Olam Cocoa BV. In this role, you will pursue and test new technology or digitization solutions. You will scout the world for new concepts and turn them into solutions for developing industrial-scale products or technologies at the pilot plant or on location.
Reporting to the R&D Manager, your responsibilities include:
• Scouting for and researching innovations in technology and digitization with the aim of developing new products and upgrading and optimizing our production process;
• You are your own project manager but will receive the necessary assistance from the R&D team within which you work. You will work independently or within a team during the different phases, from the idea to the implementation of the concept on an industrial scale. Quality and speed are key to being the first to bring to market innovative technologies and new products;
• You will communicate your enthusiasm for unusual solutions to your colleagues in R&D or other teams within Olam Cocoa in an appropriate and fact-based manner. You will provide regular updates on the progress of the project;
• You will work closely with research institutes, IT and/or machinery companies on a project basis on the understanding that, as an intermediary, you play a pivotal role in successfully implementing or aborting projects;
• To scout for and validate innovations at an early stage, you will maintain your network of external partners and R&D colleagues worldwide;
• This position requires travel.
The ideal candidate
• Has an MSc degree or higher in Food Technology (WUR) or Process Engineering (TU Delft) and a strong affinity for digitization;
• Thinks outside the box and has a passion for combining new technology with digitization. Understands that quality and speed are key to the effective implementation of projects;
• Has a passion for cocoa and a drive to introduce innovations in sustainability and digitization in the industry;
• You take initiative and demonstrate decisiveness to effectively implement projects with internal and external partners;
• Has the ability to work independently as well as within a team and is willing to work abroad for short or extended periods of time;
• Has good communication and social skills;
• Is proficient in spoken and written English, while functional knowledge of Dutch is considered an asset;
• Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage.
Are you the R&D Process Technologist we are looking for?
If you are interested in this role and connect to the aforementioned profile, we will be pleased to see your application and CV via the application form. For more information about the vacancy you can contact us via +3188-5678323.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You agree with the storage of your provided data in a database. This information will be handled quickly and confidentially. Your information will not be provided to third parties. On the basis of this information we can check to what extent these match vacancies.
By letting the application go, that your data is stored in a database.
We will only use the data for the reference named purposes. You can withdraw the permissions at any time by contacting us.