Koog aan de Zaan, The Netherlands
Olam Cocoa is looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician at our Koog aan de Zaan location. The technician will be involved mainly in plant science projects, aiming to understand what drives cocoa bean quality and how it impacts our products and processes. The position will offer diversity in tasks and opportunities to work autonomously and to contribute initiatives
Reporting into the Head of Plant Science, the position has the following responsibilities:
• Planning, executing and reporting on experiments performed in the laboratory;
• Developing, writing and updating laboratory protocols;
• Supervising interns in experiments and analysis;
• Interacting with Olam teams in cocoa origin countries and external research groups in exchanging data and samples;
• Developing and maintaining a database of samples and reagents;
• Participating in common tasks, related to laboratory operations and maintenance;
• Participating in the development of innovations through plant science, in collaboration with R&D and Product Development teams.
For this position we are looking for a candidate who:
• Has a BSc in biological sciences, biochemistry or equivalent;
• With 1-3 years of laboratory experience;
• Experience with analytical chemistry is a plus;
• Fluent in English, oral and written;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office;
• Good communication, autonomous and flexible.
Are you the Laboratory Technician we are looking for?
If you are interested in this role and connect to the aforementioned profile, we will be pleased to see your application and CV via the application form. For more information about the vacancy you can contact us via +3188-5678323.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You agree with the storage of your provided data in a database. This information will be handled quickly and confidentially. Your information will not be provided to third parties. On the basis of this information we can check to what extent these match vacancies.
By letting the application go, that your data is stored in a database.
We will only use the data for the reference named purposes. You can withdraw the permissions at any time by contacting us.